Hey there vegan friends. Last night’s dinner was scratch-made vegan pasta (flour and water) topped with a cauliflower Alfredo sauce (puréed cauliflower, veggie stock, a little oil, salt, pepper, turmeric).
I would have posted a photo but it turned out a lot better than I expected and wasn’t on the plate for long. It was pretty close to a true Alfredo sauce without the fat or calories. Here’s my recipe…
2 tablespoons olive oil
5-6 cups cauliflower florets
6 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ cup milk is best if your veggie, otherwise sub soy milk
- Saute the minced garlic with the oil in a large nonstick skillet over low heat.
- Bring vegetable broth to a boil in a large pot. Add the cauliflower and cook, covered, for 7-10 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender. Don’t drain.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower pieces to the blender.
- Add to the blender 1 cup of the vegetable broth from the pot, sauteed garlic, salt, pepper, and milk.
- Puree for several minutes until the sauce is very smooth, adding more broth or milk depending on how thick you want the sauce. CAUTION: Be careful opening the lid to the blender. HOT ingredients build up pressure in the blender and the last thing you want is a cauliflower volcano in your face!
- Pour over pasta and eat hot. Yum!