Feivel Nosson Zelbovitz (1871-1906) was born in Ponedel. Upon attempting to immigrate to the US with family, he was turned back after a medical inspection showed that he had conjunctivitis. His daughter Elka went back on the boat with her father. Feivel Nosson died on the boat back to the Old Country at age 34.
One impact is that Elka married and stayed in Ponedel, only to have her entire family murdered with other Jews in Ponedel by the Lithuanians and Nazis.
The other impact is that Feivel Nosson’s name lived on.
- Feivel Nosson Edges (1920-1941) Lithuania; His mother was Elka Edges nee Zelbovich, daughter of Mother was the Feivel Nosson
- Philip Nathan Selber (1915-2002) Florida; His father was Simon Wolf Zelbovitz, brother of Feivel Nosson
- Philip Nathan (1914-?) South Africa; His father was Moshe Aryeh Zelbovitz, brother of Feivel Nosson
- Franklin Neal Selber (1937-2007) Florida; His father was Abram Eliyahu Zelbovitz, brother of Feivel Nosson
- Pauline Nancy Puldy (1907-1988) Ponedel, Florida; Her mother was Eva Chaveh Zelbovitz, sister of Feivel Nosson.